The question that comes to mind when not getting a job is: What did I do wrong that I was not given the job? There are several reasons why a job can be denied and the personality has to do a lot with that. Are you doing something wrong? Read below.
Often confidence and security are encouraged when going to the job interview, but seldom is it mentioned what can happen if there is a lot of these, is it good to act with overconfidence? The truth is, no. Introducing yourself to a job with great confidence can annoy both the other candidates around you as well as who is in charge of the interview.
Often it happens that those who have a lot of management and knowledge of the job to postulate feel with a superiority to all those who are applying for the job has happened to you? Probably so. Many have happened to us, and not just in the workplace, but in everyday situations. We can see that this hardly brings us positive consequences.
The first thing to do if this is your case is to look around and realize that no matter how much knowledge you have about the position offered, there may be ten other candidates with the same abilities and perhaps more.
We must be proud to know very well the work to which we are postulating, but we must use that knowledge wisely and deliver it correctly.
Success or Failure in a Job Interview?
Having too much security, problems are not only related to verbal expressions, but also to the body movements that will be evaluated at the interview. A professional is going to consider them deeply, especially one of HR (Human Resources).
So the practice becomes essential and self-awareness is the most effective step to achieve good expression in the interview and not give bad signals to the interviewer, signs that we can end up costing employment.
What happens when someone has too much security?
- Showing a lot of security can be a problem in a job interview, as well as not showing it. It is important to have confidence in yourself, but some movements can make you lose a job opportunity.
- What usually happens is that when the interviewer calls a highly trusted candidate to his or her office or meeting place, this tends to stop looking up, walking fast and marking the pace very hard, sometimes this can be seen arrogant Or over exaggerated, then if this is your case, lower your head a little and look straight at the interviewer.
- Remember that shaking hands should be smooth and firm, so do not hold it too hard and for too long, this can be very uncomfortable for the interviewer and could make the interview start in a bad way.
- During the interview many people are bored or impatient, if you feel this way, it is important to remember what is the reason you are there; Avoid at all costs rub your hands or hit your legs or the desk.
- You never feel placing your hands on your head, this suggests excessive security and can annoy the interviewer or the people around you.
- Keep your hands to yourself while you talk, it can be quite distracting if you use them too much when you try to explain something. If something is bothering you, putting your hands behind your back or crossing your arms at chest height, it will reveal your feelings immediately, so keep your hands where you can see them.
Be very careful with facial expressions. No ironic laughs or frowns when something seems wrong to you. This happens constantly because the questions the professional interviewer will ask will not always be pleasant; The ironic laughter on the other hand, sometimes they go out without realizing it; For questions that may seem absurd or extremely obvious. Remember that the interviewer will be evaluating each of your movements and questions of this type are designed precisely to cause the interviewee to become angry or uncomfortable, so take everything with seriousness and objectivity.
The movements speak for themselves and the "negatives" are more likely to occur because a Human Resource Professional is going to try to get you nervous and uncomfortable to know who you really are. For this you will be asked questions that you should think deeply and carefully.
The way to avoid them is - as we have already said - practice and make your movements are a complement to what you speak. For the majority of the population getting a good body language is hard work, however, it is a job that with perseverance you can get yourself and anyone who proposes it.