Until recently, group dynamics were almost exclusively oriented to selection processes to recruit executives or senior managers. But from a time to this part is very habitual to face these group dynamics, that look for to find profiles with certain aptitudes that are considered suitable for other more technical positions.
Human resources departments say they are decisive when it comes to finding the ideal candidate, since when exposed to a controlled scenario they can value certain aspects of their personality that only surface in the group interaction. These are the most common types of group interviews.
7 Types of Group Job Interviews
Argue and convince
In the profile of a good commercial has to shine the ability to express and turn the argument, especially a negative aspect of a product or a proposal. In the group dynamics employed in the selection of personnel, the candidate faces an audience - the evaluators and the other candidates - to which he has to seduce and convince with the word. But this ability for communicative skills is not sought only in commercials. An area or department manager also has to convince the senior management of the work of his team, and is being a form of regular interview in the posts for client attention.
The most frequent dynamics in interviews that value oral expression and persuasion are these:
- Forum. This technique consists of the collective presentation of a theme chosen by the coaches. Each candidate makes his contribution. It will be evaluated how the argument is developed, if it is done in an orderly way, the corporal language and the knowledge related to the position.
- Debate. Addressing a topic from found positions is what this technique seeks. It is a question of pre-positioning the candidate for or against and having to argue their position. It seeks clarity in exposure and creativity, since it is not asked to defend one's position, but one assigned.
- Brainstorming. Free and spontaneous expression on a topic. It is about launching ideas without hindrance. Originality will be a very positive factor in the evaluation.
- Round table. This method is intended to reach agreements or recommendations. It is a discussion and not just the exhibition of ideas. It will be appreciated that the shifts, the listener and the proposals with respect are respected.
- Panel. In this case it is sought that the group exposes a subject approaching it from different visions or areas of the company.
Strategy and good management
Another type of group techniques used in the interviews have to do more with the resolution of an exposed problem. It can be considered from an imaginary situation or a routine or real problem that the candidate can face. The coaches will evaluate how well they manage a crisis in a short space of time, keeping calm and an empathic attitude with the rest. It will be taken into account if a global vision is provided or if one knows how to negotiate with flexibility. High score an agile and resolutive decision making. It seeks above all to know the leadership capacity of the aspirants and the ability to face a crisis and solve it successfully.
- Rol playing. This dynamic consists in the proposal by the group of selectors of an imaginary scenario in a moment of crisis where it is necessary to make a decision that will bring definitive consequences for the group. Each participant will be assigned a role in that scenario, and will have to face from their limitations or disadvantages to the problem and the rest of the group. This test assesses the capacity of persuasion, but also to what extent it favors a solution agreed upon by all.
- In basket. By this method a daily situation arises that the candidates will have to face in their position. It will have to be solved through the use of experience and knowledge, which is a great opportunity to demonstrate the professional background.